* I took this beautiful scenery at the entrance gate of Kirishima-Higashi Shrine.
* This shrine was built before the birth of Christ! (Period of 10th Japanese Emperor). It is said that the descendant of the Gods (Ninigi) worshiped his ancestors at this place just after he created the Japan.
* This shrine’s height is 500m above sea level. If you look up to the sky, you may feel as if you can reach to clouds in the sky.
* Surrounding area has been one of the most famous places for monks to train themselves.
* There are many volcanoes around the shrine. As a result of series of eruption, the shrine was rebuilt many times. Current building was renovated in 1722.