This post is also available in: 日本語
This article introduces Eno Sanryo at Satsumasendai City, Kagoshima, Japan.
Ancestral God Ninigi or the great-grandfather of 1st Japanese emperor is buried at this place.
If you are inerested in Japanese history or shinto religion, please make a visit.
History of Eno Sanryo and 1st Emperor
According to old records, Amaterasu ordered her grandson, ancestoral God Ninigi to go to the land and rule the place.
This was the beginning of Japan.
Ninigi, Hoori and Ugayafukiaezu (father of 1st emperor) were buried at each place of Kagoshima.
Following is the relationships of those ancestral Gods.
Great-grandfather / Ninigi
- Famous shrines which worship Ninigi :Kirishima Jingu Shrine（Kirishima City）、Nitta Shrine（Satsumasendai City）
- Toumb…Eno Sanryo（Satsumasendai City）
Grandfather / Hoori
- Famous shrine which worships Hoori : Kagoshima Jingu Shrine（Kirishima City）
- Tomb…Takaya Sanryo（Kirishima City）
Father / Ugayafukiaezu
- Famous shrine which worships Ugayafukiaezu : Udo Shrine（Nichinan City, Miyazaki）
- Tomb…Aira Sanryo（Kanoya City）
This article introduces Eno Sanryo.
Access & Parking
Eno Sanryo is just behind of main building of Nitta Shine.
It takes about 11 minutes from Sendai Station by car.
You can park the car at Nitta Shrine.
Big camphor trees spread to sky.
Information of Eno Sanryo
Miyauchicho 1935-1, Satsumasendai City, Kagoshima, Japan
Nearby Sightseeing Spot
This shrine is famous for safe birth of baby.
Satsumasendai City Sightseeing Spots
Following article introduces attractive sightseeing spots of Satsumasendai City.